Monday, April 19, 2010

Day Three


As soon as we got back in town I have been working non-stop on school work, I am so close to the end (of this semester) I can smell it! I decided I should take some time away from studying to relax and update my blog! So this is the very belated "Day Three" of our vacation to Chicago.


We took the train into the city, we woke up super early to make sure we got to the train station in time. The train was super cool, it was a double decker, so it made me think of Harry Potter.


Our first, and main, stop was the Sears Tower (which isn't called the Sears Tower anymore). This is a picture of the video screen inside the elevator on the way to the top.



They have this thing called the 'Sky Deck' where you stand in a Plexiglas box that is attached to the side of the building! Its crazy to look down and see nothing below your feet but 103 floors of air.



My hubby and I just had to take our picture together in it. 

 

I was so excited about taking my outfit photos at the top of the Sears Tower, but then I got them home and decided they are too back lit for an outfit post. I still love these photos! 


From there we ambled around until we found this cool park with this giant sculpture that looks like a Jelly Bean dipped in chrome. We just had to take a closer look at it. 

 


We had a lot of time to kill until we could take our train back to the 'burbs, so we kept on wandering and getting a feel for the city.



We saw people on a Segway tour,



and police cadets training to ride their bikes through the city.




when we were picking a direction to walk in I saw a woman with the cutest shoes! and my hubby was awesome enough to take a picture of them for me.


We walked all the way down to the Navy Pier.






Dress: Me
Leggings, Heart necklace, belt: forever 21 

There was this cute water fountain outside, it was so hot and my feet were a tiny bit achy so I just had to take my flip flops off and play in it! On a side note, this is my favorite dress right now, it is so comfortable. I made it, and to check out more of the stuff I make go here! After we played in the fountain we saw How to Train Your Dragon, in Imax 3D, it was amazing! I loved it and I would see the movie again in a heart beat- I highly recommend you go see it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment