Saturday, November 27, 2010

A funny kind of Mood

I've been in a funny mood as of late. . .I have about a million ideas of things I want to make, but since I have no time to make things, the ideas kind of slip away. I have to say it's making me nuts. I haven't been sure these last couple of months where I want my "style" to go, I have a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear! or at least nothing I want to wear, Do you guys ever go through this? and now that I am expanding, nothing fits right either. This morning I was looking at Modcloth and felt really inspired.
I'm really loving maxi dresses right now, normally I obsess over them during the summer, so I have to start thinking about what shoes work best with them in the winter! any tips? The dress on the left  is really appealing because of the vertical panels and the neat bust details. I love the lace on the dress on the right, it has such beautiful drape to it. I work a lot in cotton, but I really want to expand, or go back to, working with different fabrics, and challenging myself more.  

More beautiful dresses: the Young Composer Dress (I love the sheer sleeves), and the City of Emeralds Dress, which looks like a mermaid to me. 
Knits are something I haven't really messed with in a long time, but right now I am loving leggings and tunic tops, and knit tunic tops are even better, and I love pairing long sweaters with my dresses- but I don't have enough long sweaters either. You can check out these sweaters here


Before I end this post, I want to show you this beauty! It's way out of my very limited budget right now, but I can't help but dream. It's the From Babylon Dress, I love everything about it, I love the print, and how they worked it so the sleeves are pink, I love the puff of the skirt, and I love the pockets. I wish I could find fabric as cool as this. 

By the way, I am in no way associated with Modcloth, I just like there clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment